Sunday, October 17, 2010

What does it mean when i slept in my contacts for a few hours and now my eyes have red spots on them?

will they go away? can i still wear my contacts tomorrow?What does it mean when i slept in my contacts for a few hours and now my eyes have red spots on them?
describe the red spots. And no, leave your contacts out for a few days. Your cornea gets oxygen through diffusion from the air, and contacts block this, so you have basically made your corneas ischemic.
Ischemic means they are lacking oxygen. Your eyes have begun growing blood vessels into the cornea to compensate, and this is a permanent change, but the amount of blood flowing through them can be reduced, which will make them less visible. Go see your optometrist or opthamologist soon, and leave your contacts out for awhile
No just to be safe see your eye dr and remember do not sleep with them again.Keep glasses as a back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment