Saturday, October 23, 2010

What is legally blind?

What is considered legally blind?
What does -10.5 in both eyes mean?What is legally blind?
Well I am legally blind and I see what I need to see. Legal blindness is when your fields of vision are less the 10% or your central vision is dramatically impaired. Each country has its own definition. Go to the foundation for fighting blindness or the web of vision to check the terminology for your country. I have less than 5% of central vision only
I don't know. I was sitting next to a lady playing bingo and she said she was legally blind, but she could see the numbers.
According to my best friend who is an optician, legally blind is when your vision cannot be corrected to better than 20/100 with eyeglasses or contact lenses.
legally blind means that you can only see
things right close up to your face and things
further away are grey masses
10.5 is very poor eyesight it should be 20 20
in eyes to be good sight
Legally Blind means you don't have your full vision and is impaired what you do see. Unfocused, blurred, 1/2 there things like that.

Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment